In 1956, William (Bill) Lietzke started working on lawn mowers in his garage on Cherry Street in Blissfield. At the time, he was working for Schneiders Towing driving a wrecker, and repaired lawn mowers on the side. Discovering his mechanical prowess, he pursued his endeavors more vigorously. Bill bought the old Short Line Bus Terminal building from the Rouget family at 112 E. Adrian St., where he and his wife Madeline started a body shop and continued repairing lawn mowers in the back of this building.
In 1979 Bill bought the current building housing Bill’s Service, Inc., at 116 E. Adrian St. He purchased the building from Ted Yambar, who used it for storage after the Ford dealership moved out. Bill knew this building would be the perfect space to continue his business and lifelong dream. Bill’s son, Lynn, worked right alongside his father from the beginning, acquiring the same skills and desire to provide quality workmanship alongside top-notch customer service. Lynn took over the business with his wife Sandy after Bill passed away in April, 2003.
Staying true to Bill’s vision, the company prides itself on providing the community with stellar service from a strong family owned company. The tradition continues into a 3rd generation with Lynn’s son, Jeffrey, who now helps keep the family business running.